Ah, prom! The most exciting and stressful time of the year! Last year as a junior in high school, I attended my first prom and it was so much fun! I had a blast dancing the night away with my girls! But, I waited until last minute to get a prom dress! I know, I know, totally not like me! So, I thought that it would be super fun to blog about this season’s prom styles. While online prom shopping, I discovered so many new trends!! Check them out below!! Have a fabulous weekend my loves! As always, thanks so much for reading! XO, MK. Continue reading “Pre- Prom Season Styles”
Ten-hut! *Salute* Listen up fashion lovers! Today’s post is a camouflage inspired wish list! A cool mix of retro, feminine, and edgy items. So take a look at these awesome pieces… and if you dare, add a few (or all of them) to your carts! As always, thanks for reading and have an amazing Sunday! XO, MK Continue reading “Camouflage Wish List”
Hey babes hey!! How was everyone’s week! Mine was well in one word: snowy. I had a two hour delay almost everyday this week and I even had Wednesday off! So I spent my free time applying for scholarships and catching up on some Netflix! I started watching this new show titled The Imposters!! I highly recommend!! It’s scandalous and hilarious!! Oh and of course I have been working on my bullet journal… but what else is new!? LOL. But anyway, let’s get to it!! I hope everyone has an amazing week!! And a fabulous Valentine’s Day!! As always, thanks for reading. XO, MK. Continue reading “Seven Days One Sec #25”
Hi guys!! Welcome back to Mackenzie Kateri! I hope everyone is having an amazing week and staying warm of course! Today’s post… drum roll please!! A list of my favorite products from January! Because I use most of these items on a daily basis, I am super excited to share them all with you! Oh and here’s the best part, the majority of these products are from Walmart. You don’t have to spend big bucks to land amazing finds! I hope this list and the descriptions below inspires you all to try these gems out! Comment below your January scores! I would love to hear! As always, thanks so much for reading and have an spectacular week babes! XO, MK. Continue reading “January Favorites”
Hey babes hey! I have not posted a wish list in forever!! So, today’s post is a wish list inspired by the one and only, Aria Montgomery. On Free Form’s television series, Pretty Little Liars, the role of Aria is played by the fabulous Lucy Hale! And oddly enough, Lucy’s style on and off the screen is quite similar- edgy and feminine. She is the queen of black, monochromatic outfits! But, she can also rock mix and matched prints! No matter what, her outfits always make a statement. I hope everyone enjoys this post and has a fabulous weekend! Comment any ideas for celeb inspired wish lists, these are my fav to make! XO, MK.
- Flower Embroidered Faux Leather Moto Jacket: I love the detailing on the elbows. The flower motif is edgy and sassy, yet super feminine. Aria Montgomery 101
- Betsey Johnson Lace Wallet: Betsy Johnson is one of my favorite purse designers. Her pieces are so unique. She mixes patterns and textures, which make her items so different. And this wallet is Aria material. The lace is sassy and sophisticated, but the black background adds edge.
- Contrast Bow and Hem Tweed Top: This shirt screams business causal! I would pair this piece with flare jeans and an edgy heel (hint, hint- number 4). My favorite detail is def the black chiffon bottom.
- Faux Leather Black Booties: I need these boots ASAP! The design is so simple, yet the studs add such an edge.
- Tie Neck Striped Trim Fluttered Sleeve Dress: Love this vintage inspired dress! The ribbon adds a pop of to the black based dress!
- Metallic Mini Skirt: How amazing is this skirt! Total Aria Montgomery! I love the combination of pastel holographic colors. Spring is right around the corner, might have to add this to my cart!
- Camo Embroidered Mom Jeans: These jeans might be my favorite item on this list! The tapered leg pants are fun and edgy. Need!
- Embroidered Denim Floral Dress: A little more feminine, but total Aria. Love the design of this dress! The flowers add a stylish, unique detail!
- Zipper Rib Turtleneck: Simple and chic. The circle zipper adds such a retro vibe to this black turtleneck. This would look so cute with an overall dress… hint, hint number 8!
- Bedazzled Bow Sneakers: Total Aria and Total Mackenzie Kateri! I need these sparkly shoes! Once again, Betsey Johnson never fails to amaze me!
Hello friends!! Welcome back to Mackenzie Kateri! How was everyone’s week! The weather is starting to warm up again, so that’s always a positive!! My week was filled with studying for midterms and bullet journaling. Oh and how can I forget my visit to Temple University! Other than that just a normal life of a senior in high school!! Friday with friends. And Starbucks sippin’. I hope that everyone has an ah-mazing week! Work towards your goals. Never settle for anything less than success. And keep on keeping on babes! XO, MK.
1.22.18- Typical Monday of course! Homework and hitting the gym.
1.23.18-As the end of the quarter nears at school, I studied for a few midterms I had Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Then of course to take a break, I headed to Starbucks with my girls.
1.24.18- A little more studying and a lot more bullet journaling. I am going to be posting about my layouts and journal ideas this week.. but here’s a sneak peak! Inspiration for my journal is from one of my favorite bloggers-https://beautiful-inspiring-creative-life.com/ (Check her out she’s amazing!!)
1.25.18- After school, I hit the gym! I worked on my legs, so they were killing me the rest of the week!! When I got home, I tried out a new recipe I saw online- Protein Cookie Dough!! It was actually really good and super filling! Oh and it’s SO easy to make. I used almond butter, 3/4 Quest vanilla protein powder, and dark chocolate chips. Mix it all together! And you have delicious five minute cookie dough! It might not look Pinterest worthy, but it tastes amazing!
1.26.18-I visited Temple University located in the heart of Philadelphia. The school was amazing! They offer many prestigious programs that peak my interest. Also, the opportunities are endless. I enjoyed hearing about the internships and study abroad programs. After, my mom, dad, and I ate cheesesteaks at Geno’s Steaks.
1.27.18- I started my Saturday running a few miles at the gym. Then, I headed out to run and a few errands! And finally, I ended the night hanging out with my friends! My bff Lauren hanging with my cat Sophie!!
1.28.18-After church in the morning, my mom, dad, sister, and I went out for breakfast at Perkins. (Breakfast selfie featuring my favorite Snapchat filter!!) The weather was so nice out, so I went running with my pup (he couldn’t keep up with me running)!! And as for the rest of the day, mainly lounging around the house preparing for a week at school.
Calling all girl bosses!! I present you with an the ultimate girl boss reading list. A few months ago, I read #GirlBoss, by Sophia Amoruso and I loved it!! In this book, Sophia shares her life story and the evolution of her $250 million company Nasty Gal. She emphasizes that past events do not define the present. And most importantly she offers invaluable guidance. She states, “I have three pieces of advice I want you to remember: Don’t ever grow up. Don’t become a bore. Don’t let The Man get to you. OK? Cool. Then let’s do this.”
So, eager to start reading again, I created an assortment of inspirational and creative novels. The first book on my personal reading list is How To Be a Bawse (#2 below)! Comment below if you guys enjoyed this post, because I would love to make more lists like this!! As always, thanks so much for reading!! XO, Girl Boss MK. Continue reading “Girl Boss Book Wish List”