Swimsuit season is right around the corner babes!! So, you know what that means… a ROMWE swimsuit wish list!! Today I created a list of fun and fabulous swimsuits! But, before you all take a look at the list, I just wanted to take a minute to talk about body confidence and self-love! For all of my high school career, I had very low self-esteem and zero body confidence. I would want to stay home because I thought that I looked fat or ugly in my outfit/ bathing suit. I hated going swimming or to the beach. I always felt like I was never good enough or pretty enough to rock a cute outfit. And in all honesty, sometimes I still feel that way. But this year, I gained confidence. I realized that no size or weight defines one’s beauty. I discovered that with exercise and a balanced diet, the pressure of society slowly lifts from my shoulders. Overtime, I began to feel free. I began to realize my self-worth. Everyone is beautiful in their own way. Everyone deserves to be confident and love themselves . So this swimsuit season, I challenge you ALL to be confident. Do not be afraid to show off your bodies. Love yourself. As always, thanks for reading. XO, MK.
Oh and check out this adorable bikini I got at Target the other day!! I am SO obsessed with the print, it’s super fun and tropical! (more…)
Ten-hut! *Salute* Listen up fashion lovers! Today’s post is a camouflage inspired wish list! A cool mix of retro, feminine, and edgy items. So take a look at these awesome pieces… and if you dare, add a few (or all of them) to your carts! As always, thanks for reading and have an amazing Sunday! XO, MK (more…)
Hey babes hey! I have not posted a wish list in forever!! So, today’s post is a wish list inspired by the one and only, Aria Montgomery. On Free Form’s television series, Pretty Little Liars, the role of Aria is played by the fabulous Lucy Hale! And oddly enough, Lucy’s style on and off the screen is quite similar- edgy and feminine. She is the queen of black, monochromatic outfits! But, she can also rock mix and matched prints! No matter what, her outfits always make a statement. I hope everyone enjoys this post and has a fabulous weekend! Comment any ideas for celeb inspired wish lists, these are my fav to make! XO, MK.
- Flower Embroidered Faux Leather Moto Jacket: I love the detailing on the elbows. The flower motif is edgy and sassy, yet super feminine. Aria Montgomery 101
- Betsey Johnson Lace Wallet: Betsy Johnson is one of my favorite purse designers. Her pieces are so unique. She mixes patterns and textures, which make her items so different. And this wallet is Aria material. The lace is sassy and sophisticated, but the black background adds edge.
- Contrast Bow and Hem Tweed Top: This shirt screams business causal! I would pair this piece with flare jeans and an edgy heel (hint, hint- number 4). My favorite detail is def the black chiffon bottom.
- Faux Leather Black Booties: I need these boots ASAP! The design is so simple, yet the studs add such an edge.
- Tie Neck Striped Trim Fluttered Sleeve Dress: Love this vintage inspired dress! The ribbon adds a pop of to the black based dress!
- Metallic Mini Skirt: How amazing is this skirt! Total Aria Montgomery! I love the combination of pastel holographic colors. Spring is right around the corner, might have to add this to my cart!
- Camo Embroidered Mom Jeans: These jeans might be my favorite item on this list! The tapered leg pants are fun and edgy. Need!
- Embroidered Denim Floral Dress: A little more feminine, but total Aria. Love the design of this dress! The flowers add a stylish, unique detail!
- Zipper Rib Turtleneck: Simple and chic. The circle zipper adds such a retro vibe to this black turtleneck. This would look so cute with an overall dress… hint, hint number 8!
- Bedazzled Bow Sneakers: Total Aria and Total Mackenzie Kateri! I need these sparkly shoes! Once again, Betsey Johnson never fails to amaze me!
Calling all girl bosses!! I present you with an the ultimate girl boss reading list. A few months ago, I read #GirlBoss, by Sophia Amoruso and I loved it!! In this book, Sophia shares her life story and the evolution of her $250 million company Nasty Gal. She emphasizes that past events do not define the present. And most importantly she offers invaluable guidance. She states, “I have three pieces of advice I want you to remember: Don’t ever grow up. Don’t become a bore. Don’t let The Man get to you. OK? Cool. Then let’s do this.”
So, eager to start reading again, I created an assortment of inspirational and creative novels. The first book on my personal reading list is How To Be a Bawse (#2 below)! Comment below if you guys enjoyed this post, because I would love to make more lists like this!! As always, thanks so much for reading!! XO, Girl Boss MK. (more…)
Hi everyone! I hope everyone had an amazing day!! Today’s post is inspired by my trip to NYC! While walking the streets, I noticed a lot of black on black; it was to die for! And I haven’t posted a wish list in a while, so I am super excited to share these finds with you guys! Each piece is linked below so I hope this post inspires you to add some street style to your wardrobe! Have a sparkling and spectacular week babes! Oh and if you haven’t looked yet feast your eyes on my new logo!! I downloaded a lot of cool new app and started playing around with them, then voila I created a new design! I am so obsessed with it, what are your guys thoughts.. I would love to hear! Or what apps do you beautful people use to create banners and new designs comment below! XO, MK
1- Sahara Layered Necklace from Francesca’s– Love the detailing on this accessory! This statement piece adds sass and sparkle to any solid color shirt!
2- Hi-Rise Black Ripped Jeans from American Eagle– I usually buy all my jeans from American Eagle because they are so soft and comfy! They feel like leggings! So why wouldn’t a pair of stylish black jeans be on my list?!
3- Faux Leather Skirt from H&M– This is a must have!! Edgy and sassy. Pair with over the knee boots or booties for street stares!!
4- Patent Front Zip Black Booties from Target– YES!! WANT! NEED! I am so in love with these rockin’ boots! Combine with item 2 and item 5 for ultimate sass.
5- Bell Sleeve Sweatshirt from H&M- Why even wear a jacket when you have sleeves like this!? Enough said.
6-Embellished Purse from FreePeople– How amazing is the detailing on this purse! This would make any outfit runway ready!
7- Flower Embellished Faux Leather Jacket from Francesca’s– So you guys might already know this, but I am obsessed with leather jackets- red, blue, green, black… I am guilty of having every color in my closet. So, this jacket isn’t just essential for the perfect street style look, but my leather jacket collection as well.
8- Polka Dot Blouse from H&M– Love the pattern on this blouse.. so Carrie Bradshaw! It would look great with black jeans or a pair of colorful patterned pants!
9- Beaded Heels from Nordstrom– I love the beading on these suede boots! So elegant and sassy!
Hey everyone! Welcome back to Mackenzie Kateri!! Big News!! I am celebrating eighty followers!! I am beyond grateful for all of you!! Thank you for taking time out of your day to read my thoughts! Drum roll pleaseeeee! Today’s post is a Halloween Inspired Street Style Wish List, made by yours truly. October 1st is right around the corner (I can’t wait!), so the timing is perfect!!! I hope that these outfits inspire you to add a little Halloween spirit and a lot of edge to your wardrobe! As always, thank you for reading and conquer your day babes! XO, MK (more…)
Hey everyone!! Welcome back to Mackenzie Kateri! Today’s post is inspired by Anna Sophia Robb’s role as Carrie Bradshaw on The Carrie Diaries, which is my favorite show of ALL TIME. I think I watched the series two or three times. I admire not only Carrie’s strong and outgoing personality, but her style as well. I envy her lifestyle, her career, and closet. Carrie’s style is fun, chic, feminine and loud. Her character mixes a lot of colors and patterns. So today’s wish list are total Carrie Bradshaw pieces, this post is kind of different than other wish lists! So, comment your thoughts! As always, thanks for reading babes! XO, MK (more…)