Once in a lifetime opportunities only happen well, once in a lifetime. They are rare. Chase them. Fight for them. Cherish them. Last weekend, my scholastic bowl team and I hit the big city. A few months ago my team members and I heard news that we, a small group of teens from a small school and small town, earned a spot in the National Academic Quiz Tournament. Overwhelmed and excited by this amazing news, we spent hours upon hours each day until the competition studying and fundraising money for our trip. But last Thursday, the countdown was over. The hard work paid off. The seven of us boarded the plane. Next stop: Chicago! (more…)
The day before Valentines day is right around the corner: Galentine’s Day. Gather your girl squad and celebrate each other! Here are 10 fun and fabulous ways to spend the holiday. XO, MK (more…)
Hi friends!! How is everyone’s week so far? My week in one word- cold. It has been snowing nonstop!! I haven’t had school since last Friday, because my district closed on both Tuesday and Wednesday! Not going to lie though, it was pretty relaxing to sip coffee and binge watch my latest obsession on Netflix – Scandal! Who has watched it before? Olivia Pope, the main character, is my inspiration. Her style is so elegant, yet bold. And he personality is well just the same! But anyway back to today’s post, in my Seven Days One Sec Week 21 weekly wrap up, I mentioned that Monday was my birthday. I also promised to share some of my gifts with you! I’m really excited to show you some of these items. So let’s get to it! As always thank you so much for reading. XO, MK. (more…)
Hi friends!! Yesterday was my last semi formal event at my school!! So, I thought it would be fun to blog my events throughout the day! Now I am going to be completely honest with you guys, I am the girliest girl of all time, but semi preparations, one word- UGH. Sure, I love getting my hair and makeup done, the glitter, the sparkles, the glamour, but it just gets a little too stressful. And there are endless photos, I mean yes I love a good photoshoot, but a thousand parents with a thousand cameras all pointing and yelling…I am going to have to pass. But at the end of the day, it’s a great time with my friends and I guess that’s what matters the most. In today’s post, I did a little timeline of my day, but trust me it wasn’t as cut and dry as it seems. I hope you enjoy the small glimpse into my life! I might start to do more of these posts blogging my day if you guys enjoy it! As always, thanks so much for reading and have an amazing and sparkly and fabulous New Year’s Eve. XO, MK (more…)
‘Twas three days until Christmas and panic sunk in. Late gift ideas as the countdown begins- last minute shoppers search for a win. Standing in lines. Filling shopping carts; searching for presents that come from the heart. Only seventy two hours to find perfect gifts. Sit back, relax and read this last minute list.
- Bath Bomb- Perfect for any girl! Even add face masks and lip glosses to make a beauty basket for your friends and family!
- Candle- Easy and simple. A go-to gift!
- Blanket Scarf- An gorgeous gift for any fashionista or girl on the go.
- Amazon Prime Subscription- A gift for the Amazon lover and online shopper!
- Picture Frames with Photos- Simple, yet personal. Develop photos and grab some cute frames! Or add a twist, cover a memo board with photos, memories, and other significant papers!
- Day Planner- The new year is just around the corner, grab a 2018 planner as a gift for your gals!
- Ispy Subscription- Perfect for the beauty lover in your life! And better yet you can buy it from the comfort of your own bed!
- Spa or Nail Salon Gift Card- After the holidays, who doesn’t need a little get away or relaxation day?
- DIY Gifts- Homemade hot chocolate mason jars, cookies, calendars, or a poem written by you! It’s the thought that counts
- Coffee Mugs- Who can ever have enough coffee mugs! Pair it with a Starbucks gift card or k-cups! Any coffee lover will be grateful for this token of love.
Hi babes!! I hope everyone had a fabulous fun filled week and a lazy Saturday!! As Christmas approaches, shopping and gift hunting begins to feel like an Olympic sport. So to make your holiday shopping just a little easier and less stressful, I present you with the ultimate gift guide for the girl bosses in your life!! I know that I absolutely want every item on this list! But anyway, thanks so much for reading and I hope you enjoy today’s post!! XO, MK (more…)
T-MINUS four days until the biggest, the baddest, the day shopaholics call the survival of the fittest- Black Friday. As a fashionista and lover of shopping, of course Black Friday is one of my favorite days of the year! ‘Tis the season for sweet deals and filled shopping carts. This year I am mainly looking for dorm stuff, but if I happen to see any gifts for my friends and family I might have to add it to my cart (as long as I stay on budget: see tip 2). So friends, I present you with tips and tricks of how to be a Black Friday Warrior. And if you keep scrolling, I shared top secret Black Friday ads to some of my favorite stores! Oh and I would love for everyone to share their Black Friday finds with me!! As always, thank yo so, so much for reading and get reading babes! Have an amazing week and I hope you get ah-mazing deals this Friday. XO,MK (more…)