“When you’re in a slump, you’re not in for much fun. Un-slumping yourself is not easily done.” -Dr. Seuss
Wow! It’s been awhile since I’ve posted in the Law of Attraction Series. So… here goes nothing!! But, before I go any further it’s only protocall that I give a quick explanation of what exactly the law of attraction is: LOA is the belief that like attracts like. Positive thoughts translate into a positive and healthy lifestyle. What you believe you become. Visualization is key. Picture your goals and dreams and make them a reality. And today I’m talking about a topic we can relate to- slumps. Somedays we can relate to this more than others. For me personally, I’ve been in a slump for a few weeks: not wanting to go to the gym, lack of energy, and sleeping in late a few days a week! So, today I’m sharing a few tips and tricks that work for me when I’m lacking energy and motivation… because sometimes coffee just doesn’t do the trick.
- Accept It: Slumps are a part of life. Acknowledge it. Accept it. And move on. Let go of whatever has been holding you down. Use it as motivation. Look at your slump as a positive learning experience.
- Talk About It: Grab your bff and talk to him/her. Maybe they’ve already noticed you haven’t been yourself lately. Explain to your person why you have been feeling this way. It sounds a little cliche, but without talking about it or getting a different perspective from someone you trust, your de-slumping process may take longer than you want.
- Positive Mental Diet: Feed your soul and energize your body. Nourish your mind with positivity and love. Delete negativity from your life.
- Fruit Water: A simple, yet effective way to raise your energy levels. Grab some lemons and strawberries and maybe even some mint to toss in your water bottle.
- Surround Yourself with Positive People: You need to surround yourself with motivation. People who push you to be the best version of yourself. It may be hard to distance yourself from negative people due to longstanding relationships, but it will only better your life in the future.
- CHANGE, CHANGE, and some more CHANGE: Whether you need to switch up your schedule or switch up your diet, change is essential. Night owl? Get some rest and catch the morning worm. Coffee addict? Add some caffeinated green tea into your diet. Small changes often show to be the most effective.
- Take action: Stop talking about getting out of this slump. Take steps that initiate this process. TAKE ACTION. You are the boss of your own life. It is your responsibility to acknowledge you are in a slump and climb out of it.