Clicks “Next episode.” Looks at clock. Clicks “Next episode.” Looks at clock. Scrolls through Instagram feed. Looks at clock. Scrolls through Facebook feed. Orders pizza. Takes nap. Looks at clock.
Today’s Law of Attraction post is all about procrastination. Below I have created a list of tips and tricks to help you beat procrastination! But before I get too far ahead of myself, I always like to define the Law of Attraction (LOA). So, what is it? The LOA is the belief that like attracts like! Positive thoughts translate into a positive and healthy lifestyle. What you believe you become. Visualization is key. Picture your goals and dreams and make them a reality.
Whether we like to admit it or not, we all procrastinate. It’s human nature to want to avoid dreadful tasks. So many things we could do. So many things we should do. But somehow procrastination sneaks in there! But it’s a new year! It’s time to beat procrastination! And the first step towards doing so, is planning the night before. Jot down your tasks for the next day! But remember to always keep your overall goal in mind while devising your list. For example, if your goal is weight loss. Put a star or heart next to the task that will help you reach this goal!
- Be True To Yourself: This is most important! If you are not a morning person, don’t plan to run three miles or study for an hour as soon as you wake up! Plan to your strengths and weaknesses.
- Make It Fun: Whether it’s the gym or schoolwork, add some fun! Make your notes colorful! Spice them up with different fonts, stickers, and highlighters! Oh and don’t forget sticky notes! If you study for thirty minutes, reward yourself with a snack or a ten minute break. Be creative! Don’t want to go the gym? Make a killer playlist that pumps you up! Or find a gym buddy!
- Stop Justifying It: There is no excuse for procrastination, besides well, laziness!
- Get A Routine: Once a routine is set into a play, your tasks will become natural.
- Change Your Environment: If you get easily distracted or bored studying in your bedroom, head out to a coffee shop! I get bored at the gym easily (that’s an understatement), so every few days, I like to change it up! I’ll go to an aerobic class or run outside.