Calling all girl bosses!! I present you with an the ultimate girl boss reading list. A few months ago, I read #GirlBoss, by Sophia Amoruso and I loved it!! In this book, Sophia shares her life story and the evolution of her $250 million company Nasty Gal. She emphasizes that past events do not define the present. And most importantly she offers invaluable guidance. She states, “I have three pieces of advice I want you to remember: Don’t ever grow up. Don’t become a bore. Don’t let The Man get to you. OK? Cool. Then let’s do this.”
So, eager to start reading again, I created an assortment of inspirational and creative novels. The first book on my personal reading list is How To Be a Bawse (#2 below)! Comment below if you guys enjoyed this post, because I would love to make more lists like this!! As always, thanks so much for reading!! XO, Girl Boss MK.
- How to Be a Hepburn in a Kardashian World: The Art of Living With Class, Style, and Grace- Jordan Chrissy shares advice and offers wisdom on “how to be the most confident version of yourself” in modern society. This book is actually derived from How to Be a Hepburn in a Hilton World.
- How to Be a Bawse: A Guide to Conquering Life- I was reading reviews on this book and it might be number one on my girl boss book wish list!! This #1 NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER, from the 2017 People’s Choice Award winner for Favorite YouTube star offers bold and comedic insight on relationships and career goals. She also tells a list of rules including: Let go of FOMO (fear of missing out), be nice to people, and schedule inspiration. Ugh need this in my life!
- Leave Your Mark: Land Your Dream Job. Kill it in Your Career. Rock Social Media: Aliza Licht- The author tells her experience ad a fashion communications executive and total The Devil Wears Prada moments. She offers invaluable advice and of course tips of how to make your mark on the world. NEED!
- The Glitter Plan: How We Started Juicy Couture for $200 and Turned It into a Global Brand- The two founders of Juicy Couture, Pamela Skaist-Levy and Gela Nash-Taylor share how they started their company.
- Girl Code: Unlocking the Secrets to Success, Sanity and Happiness for the Female Entrepreneurs- In this book, the author, Cara Leyba, tells how anyone is capable of building a multi-million dollar company. Confidence and the ultimate powers of connections. She also reaches out to other female entrepreneurs such as Kate Spade. A must read!!